Ms. Prusak has been a criminal defense attorney for over thirty years. She runs a practice aimed at and dedicated to getting her clients the very best results under all of the circumstances.
Her years of experience have given her knowledge, exposure, and successes that allow her to gain winning results in all the situations she goes into.
Having traveled extensively throughout all courthouses and most courtrooms in Cook County, Ms. Prusak has been afforded the ability to make excellent judgments on how to proceed in any given situation.
Shelby began her career as an assistant public defender first in Lake County then in Cook County. Shelby served on the elite Cook County Homicide Task Force where she defended over 100 murder cases.
Her knowledge and experience has also given her the pleasure over the years to teach third year law students in both Trial Advocacy classes and Clinics, where students learn how to become trial lawyers, and how to try a case from start to finish.
Her range of cases include narcotics possessions, sales, and delivery, gun possessions, burglary, forgery, aggravated discharge of a weapon, kidnapping, criminal sexual assault, attempt murder, and murder.
Ms. Prusak is committed to an honest and compassionate practice that extends not only to her clients but to their loved ones as well. In taking on one's case, she works for the entire family to obtain the best results.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Illinois, 1984
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Illinois, 2012
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 1984
- Syracuse University , Syracuse, New York
- Major: Psychology and Advertising
- Director Misdemeanor Clinic, DePaul University College of Law, 2009 to 2011
- Teacher/ Lecturer, Illinois State Appellate Defender, 1988 to 1997
Past Employment Positions
- Cook County Public Defender, Assistant Public Defender Homicide Task Force, 1986 to 1992
- Lake County Public Defender, Assistant Public Defender, 1984 to 1986